Sudan holds genuinely remarkable sites, the Meroe pyramids, the Nile confluence at Khartoum, Port Sudan's Red Sea reefs. We are not currently booking trips there, and we would rather explain why plainly than quietly leave it off the site.
This note covers what is on hold, and what we are watching for before that changes.
We are not currently booking Sudan itineraries due to unsettled current conditions. We continue to monitor the situation and will resume booking once our on the ground assessment genuinely supports it.
- Current status: no Sudan itineraries are being booked.
- Reason: unsettled current conditions affecting safe travel.
- We are monitoring: conditions are reviewed on an ongoing basis.
- What would change this: a genuine, sustained improvement in stability.
- We will notify interested travelers directly once we resume.
| Question | Current Answer |
|---|---|
| Can I book Sudan now? | No |
| Are you monitoring conditions? | Yes, on an ongoing basis |
| Will you notify me when it reopens? | Yes, if you register your interest |
1. What's On Hold
All Sudan itineraries, including the Meroe pyramids, the Nile confluence, and Port Sudan's Red Sea reefs, remain unavailable to book until conditions genuinely support safe travel.
2. Why We Take This Approach
We do not run trips we cannot stand behind on safety. A destination being commercially interesting is never enough on its own to justify booking it.
3. What We're Watching For
A genuine, sustained improvement in on the ground conditions, assessed continuously rather than against a fixed timeline.
Read More: Read about the Meroe pyramids, waiting to be visited againAn Honest Hold, Not A Permanent No
Sudan's sites are remarkable and will still be there. We would rather be honest about the current hold than quietly disappoint a traveler mid-planning.
Want to be notified when Sudan reopens? Get in touch and we will reach out directly when conditions change.
Start PlanningFrequently Asked Questions
Is Sudan permanently off your itinerary list?
No, this is a hold based on current conditions, not a permanent decision. We will resume booking once conditions genuinely support it.
How do you assess when it's safe to resume?
Ongoing, on the ground monitoring, the same standard we apply to every destination we describe as conditional.
Can I still get information about Sudan itineraries?
Yes, we are happy to discuss what a future Sudan trip would look like, we simply are not confirming bookings right now.



